Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP and producing a map of clients movement

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AMP and producing a map of clients movement

Posted May 14, 2015 11:23 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there has carried out the following.

I'm trying to produce a map of our campus displaying all movement of connected wireless users from building to building. Whether this is via a heat map or dots. I know AMP will display an overview for a single client on the RF visual for a floor but can it do something across the whole building and campus? The view is to see how busy our campus is and any bottle necks etc.

If anyone has worked on creating or producing something along those lines i would be interested to hear your views. We have just over 1700APs covering 60+ buildings, with some outside coverage,

Many thanks for your time.

• 2.  RE: AMP and producing a map of clients movement
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2015 05:49 PM

This sounds similar to what the Aruba ALE and Meridian teams are trying to accomplish (you can possibly get more info on that from your Aruba Sales contact in case you want to see about getting a demo).  From the AirWave side, this would be a good feature request to make.

• 3.  RE: AMP and producing a map of clients movement

Posted May 15, 2015 04:39 AM

Thank you for that. We have had Aruba in to discuss Meridian but that was a while ago now, might be worth while having a catch up. 

How would i go forward with a feature request for Airwave? 

Thank for your help once again.

• 4.  RE: AMP and producing a map of clients movement

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2015 11:13 AM

From the support.arubanetworks.com website, there's a link to 'Access Feature Requests via Idea Portal'.  If the portal isn't working, you can quickly submit your request through an email to support.