Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 6.0 - Captive Portal Welcome Page Issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AOS 6.0 - Captive Portal Welcome Page Issue

Posted Jan 27, 2012 04:58 PM

This has been an ongoing issue and affects all users on all platforms.

After login the clients' browsers get re-directed to the custom welcome page we've created (which I've validated exists - I can view it from the controller interface) which just does not load. 

The page stays blank and you eventually get something to the effect of "page will not load" (timeout style).

There are no authentication issues - the client gets assigned their authenticated role correctly and is then placed on the guest network, but its a fairly significant user experience issue.

The first firewall rule applied to this role blocks all access to the corporate network - which is where the controller sits.  I attempted to add a rule ABOVE the'block corporate' rule that mimics the first line in the captive portal firewall rule (user > controller on 443, destination NAT to 8081) to no effect.

I imagine this is a configuration issue, but I can't speak to when / after which changes this occured as I have only picked up the support of these appliances recently.

Regards,

-J

• 2.  RE: AOS 6.0 - Captive Portal Welcome Page Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2012 07:45 PM

@jeremyk wrote:

This has been an ongoing issue and affects all users on all platforms.

After login the clients' browsers get re-directed to the custom welcome page we've created (which I've validated exists - I can view it from the controller interface) which just does not load. 

The page stays blank and you eventually get something to the effect of "page will not load" (timeout style).

There are no authentication issues - the client gets assigned their authenticated role correctly and is then placed on the guest network, but its a fairly significant user experience issue.

The first firewall rule applied to this role blocks all access to the corporate network - which is where the controller sits.  I attempted to add a rule ABOVE the'block corporate' rule that mimics the first line in the captive portal firewall rule (user > controller on 443, destination NAT to 8081) to no effect.

I imagine this is a configuration issue, but I can't speak to when / after which changes this occured as I have only picked up the support of these appliances recently.

Regards,

-J

Please open up a TAC case so that they can go over your configuration as well as the parameters on your custom page in detail.

• 3.  RE: AOS 6.0 - Captive Portal Welcome Page Issue

Posted May 16, 2012 07:09 AM

Hi jeremy,

we are facing exactly the same issue. How did you solve it?

TIA

• 4.  RE: AOS 6.0 - Captive Portal Welcome Page Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2012 08:17 AM

@strahlenopfer wrote:

Hi jeremy,

we are facing exactly the same issue. How did you solve it?

TIA

strahlenopfer, I do not see that he solved it.  If you are using your own captive portal page, you need to have TAC examine the structure to see what is wrong.