Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.0 Licensing Help - Clarification / Example

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.0 Licensing Help - Clarification / Example

MVP
    Posted Mar 30, 2017 11:42 AM

I'm working on trying to understand the licensing model within AOS 8.x and I'm having a hard time understanding how to license the MM and VMC, and what devices support PEF-V? If I have a scenario like this, what is the licensing I would need:

(1) MM

(2) VMC

(300) APs

How many MM licenses and VMC licenses would I require in this example and why?

For PEF-V licenses, are they available on the standard VMC's or only on the hardware platforms + VMC-Tactical? I understand to license PEF-V it is a single license for the single controller, so if I have 2 controllers for redundant access, do I need to purchase PEF-V for both?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.0 Licensing Help - Clarification / Example
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2017 11:50 AM
    You will need a 500 MM license to cover all those devices (that's not considering growth of course)

All the licenses AP , PEF , RFProtect , WEB-CC and VMC will be installed on the MM except for controller local licenses like PEF-V , if you need license redundancy
    Between two controllers for PEF-V you will need to purchase 2 since those are not shared with centralized licensing
    Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.0 Licensing Help - Clarification / Example

MVP
    Posted Mar 30, 2017 12:13 PM

That's great info, thanks. So how many VMC licenses do I need then assuming I'm going to have (2) VMC's and (300) APs total in the environment.

Also, do you know if PEF-V is supported on the standard VMC or just hardware / VMC-Tact?

• 4.  RE: AOS 8.0 Licensing Help - Clarification / Example

Posted Mar 30, 2017 03:43 PM

You can use BOM example :2017-03-30 15_53_37-HPE_Aruba_SE_AOS_8.0.1_Terminology_and_License_Guide_v1.pdf.png

Also, do you know if PEF-V is supported on the standard VMC ?

Yes
    2017-03-30 15_42_30-HPE_Aruba_SE_AOS_8.0.1_Terminology_and_License_Guide_v1.pdf.png
    More information here:

• 5.  RE: AOS 8.0 Licensing Help - Clarification / Example

Posted Aug 14, 2018 10:28 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

Attached is a very useful PDF breaking down the knew licensing schemes.

Eveything you need to help clarify any questions REGARDING LICENSING is in there.

This is not my own document, it is a slide show put together by Maniraj Durairaj 

Thanks,

Attachment(s)