Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.3 CLI Show Commands

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.3 CLI Show Commands

Posted Aug 03, 2018 10:34 AM

Hi, I am new to version 8 and am building a cluster in a lab at the moment. I may be missing something, but I don't seem to be able to look at configuration via the CLI at any level in the same way as version 6.x. For instance, if I want to look at the configiration of a radius server, I would normally type sh aaa authentication-server radius <server name> and I would quickly be able to see the configuration. If I do this in v8.3 I get nothing. I have configured the server at the /md level so I should be able to see it from this level right?

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.3 CLI Show Commands
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 11:28 AM

What I've noticed in 8.X code, when you want to look at some specific settings for devices, issuing show commands doesn't always return the right information - In my experience, it usually returns the configuration of the MM regardless of what level you're at. 

What you can do, go to a specific controller (cd <hostname>) and type "mdc" - this will give you what is like a 6.X CLI. Then issue your command and see if you get the info back.

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.3 CLI Show Commands

Posted Aug 06, 2018 04:01 AM

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

We have over 250 WLAN services on our controllers and with all the associated objects, not being able to quickly search in the CLI is really poor. We carry out almost all configuration and troubleshooting via the CLI - it would make sense to me that all configuration information would be available from the level in the heirarchy in which it was applied

• 4.  RE: AOS 8.3 CLI Show Commands

MVP
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 07:10 AM
    I think some things can be shown, but like mentioned previously, it's more of a "show run" then anything else.

I know when I did "show VLAN" at the group level for my controllers, it kicked back the VLANs on the MM only. That's where the "mdc" command comes in handy.

If you are using secureCRT, you can add buttons to the bottom which can execute both the "CD" command and the "MDC" one in one click so it will speed up the process. You can also log directly into a given controller via CLI and issue show commands, just not config commands unless you enable disaster-recovery mode.

• 5.  RE: AOS 8.3 CLI Show Commands

Posted Aug 03, 2018 11:51 AM
    You can run the following command from MM and it will give the running config on an specific device or group/folder

MM) [md] #show configuration effective <MC NAME or GROUP/FOLDER> | include

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile