Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.3 VM with Hyper V

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.3 VM with Hyper V

Posted Feb 12, 2019 12:49 PM

Hello ALL,

The answer may be out there but I have not found it yet.  I am trying to load the new AOS 8.3.x on old VM server.  The software is fine Server 2012R2 but hardware presents problem.  This OLD server only has two NIC's and within the configuration for the NIC's it is asking for minimum of 4 port/vm.  I tried to create a Vswitch on server to add another connection.  Did not wrk well, the server bombed.  Had to start all over.  Any ideas to help with testing of VM? I used a internal vswitch...., should I not be able to just those two nic's without any issues.  All comments are welcomed...

Thank you in advance...

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.3 VM with Hyper V

Posted Feb 12, 2019 04:21 PM

I think you just need 4 virtual NIC,s the physical NICs don't matter.

Is Hyper-V supported now, last I checked it was not?

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.3 VM with Hyper V

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 04:24 PM

I run my HomeLAB with a intel NUC with one interface at all (not official supported). A vMC comes standard with 3 virtual nics on the VM side and can all connect to the same vSwitch if you want.

Please follow the installation guide

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=32542

Focus here on the mimimum hardware and hypervisors requirements. vSphere Hypervisor 5.1, 5.5, 6.0, or 6.5 are supported (mine HomeLAB works fine on 6.7 but also not offical supported)

Hyper-V Version Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and 2016 are also supported as hypervisor.

Aruba recommends using Intel Xeon E5-2670 v3 @ 2.3GHz enterprise grade CPUs for optimum performance.

MC-150-VA required 5vCPU, 8Gb ram, 8Gb ramdisk for example. see the installation guide ;).