Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8 HIE SSID

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  AOS 8 HIE SSID

Posted May 23, 2018 09:09 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello
    SSID hide setting on AOS 8

Where is it?

I want to find out which menu the SSID profile is on.

• 2.  RE: AOS 8 HIE SSID

Posted May 23, 2018 09:35 PM

I Check 

Configuration->System->Profiles->Wiresless LAN ->SSID

Hide SSID option check

thank you 

• 3.  RE: AOS 8 HIE SSID

Posted May 24, 2018 02:57 PM

hello,

start by logging into your router’s admin panel. For me, this indicates going to 192.168.0.1 in my browser, but it could or might not be the identical for you. for example, most Netgear customers can attain it by going to routerlogin.net as a substitute. word that you may want a wired LAN connection to your router for the browser login to paintings.

seek advice from your router’s guide if you aren’t certain the way to reach the admin panel. It must look some thing like this even though:

wireless-router-admin-login

subsequent, look in the navigation bar for the wireless section. when you have submenus, look around for some thing near wireless Settings, wi-fi alternatives, wireless > basic Settings, and many others.

You have to be able to tweak the SSID, channel, channel mode, and channel width on the web page, but the critical aspect is to locate the choice called allow SSID Broadcast and uncheck it. relying in your router version, it can additionally be called Visibility repute, allow Hidden wireless, or just SSID Broadcast:

wireless-router-disable-ssid-broadcast

That’s quite a lot it. save the settings, which may or might not require your router to restart, and your router will become “undetectable” to gadgets.

regards

rajeshraj

Tutuapp Android 9Apps Android Aptoide Android

• 4.  RE: AOS 8 HIE SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2018 03:12 PM

@YOUNGLAK KO wrote:

I Check 

Configuration->System->Profiles->Wiresless LAN ->SSID

Hide SSID option check

thank you 

Please make sure that both of the options below are checked:

deny.png

Hide SSID: - No SSID in beacons

Deny Broadcast Probes - No SSID returned when clients probe

• 5.  RE: AOS 8 HIE SSID

Posted Sep 19, 2019 02:18 AM

Dear 

• 6.  RE: AOS 8 HIE SSID

Posted Sep 19, 2019 02:30 AM

Dear YOUNGLAK KO,

I appreciated yours for advice SSID has hidden its working fine. Can you show the same way how to make profile MAC Binding I will also post the How we did in Huawei Controller we need the same thing in Aruba controller?

As you can see below picture in Existing Huawei Controller we create Whitelist profile and apply on SSID where ever we require.

Quick response highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

S.A.Quadeer