Wireless Access

AOS 8 International Deployment

When working with a customer who is looking to deploy AOS 8 internationally - let's say US, Europe, and Japan managed devices - what would that design look like? 

I can see two methods here:

1. MM/Standby MM configured for their respective domain, each MD in it's own device group, also configured for their respective domain - still providing single point of management and intelligence. Each group has it's own AP sys profile permitting the proper channels.

2. MM/Standby MM for each domain, and the corresponding MD below it. Resulting in (3) MM/MD deployments and not a single point of management.

What is the right way of doing this?

Michael Haring
If my answer is helpful, a Kudos is always appreciated!
Super Contributor I

Re: AOS 8 International Deployment

Hi Michael,

If you create AP groups for geo locations and setup ‘geo’ based MC cluster and have a central MM/standby MM, can’t you then specify per AP group the geo location? (Which lines up with the mc cluster settings for that location?

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'

Good question, I'm not sure. I think that may be part of my question as well. Basically - If the regulatory domain of the controllers (MDs) are US, ROW, JP - Can they all be managed by a MM/Standby MM that is let's say US based?

Michael Haring
Super Contributor I

Hi Michael,

I am not able to build it in my lab this week due to other work.

A CAP always follows the MC it is connected to regarding regulatory domain. In ArubaOS 6.x AFAIK you could have a central master/standby master and controllers per geo location. I don’t think it is much different with 8.x.

Cheers, Frank

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'

Yes you can , the only thing you may need to consider is doing a distributed AirGroup deployment (of course if airgroup will be used) so that traffic is doesnt have to come back to the MM to be processed
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Great thank you both for the info, that is helpful. Hard to find documentaiton on international design for AOS 8 in particular, but I know it's still new to many.

Michael Haring
Super Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Good one Airgroup. Luckely we have Aruba 8.2.x or above

Cheers, Frank

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: