Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8 International Deployment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AOS 8 International Deployment

MVP
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 09:12 AM

When working with a customer who is looking to deploy AOS 8 internationally - let's say US, Europe, and Japan managed devices - what would that design look like? 

I can see two methods here:

1. MM/Standby MM configured for their respective domain, each MD in it's own device group, also configured for their respective domain - still providing single point of management and intelligence. Each group has it's own AP sys profile permitting the proper channels.

2. MM/Standby MM for each domain, and the corresponding MD below it. Resulting in (3) MM/MD deployments and not a single point of management.

What is the right way of doing this?

• 2.  RE: AOS 8 International Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 11:50 AM
    Hi Michael,

If you create AP groups for geo locations and setup ‘geo’ based MC cluster and have a central MM/standby MM, can’t you then specify per AP group the geo location? (Which lines up with the mc cluster settings for that location?

• 3.  RE: AOS 8 International Deployment

MVP
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 11:55 AM

Good question, I'm not sure. I think that may be part of my question as well. Basically - If the regulatory domain of the controllers (MDs) are US, ROW, JP - Can they all be managed by a MM/Standby MM that is let's say US based?

• 4.  RE: AOS 8 International Deployment
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 30, 2018 12:17 PM
    Yes you can , the only thing you may need to consider is doing a distributed AirGroup deployment (of course if airgroup will be used) so that traffic is doesnt have to come back to the MM to be processed

• 5.  RE: AOS 8 International Deployment

MVP
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 12:20 PM

Great thank you both for the info, that is helpful. Hard to find documentaiton on international design for AOS 8 in particular, but I know it's still new to many.

• 6.  RE: AOS 8 International Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 12:41 PM
    Hi Victor,

Good one Airgroup. Luckely we have Aruba 8.2.x or above

• 7.  RE: AOS 8 International Deployment

Posted May 05, 2019 08:52 AM

Victor,

I thought i had read that MM's deployed in the US would not support controllers in other regulatory domains.  Do you for a fact that this is possible?  I am working on planning a global deployment that currently had masters deployed in US and APAC regions.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 8.  RE: AOS 8 International Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2019 12:00 PM

The MMs or Masters can be in the US and can configure ROW controllers but the local access points need to terminate on a local controller that will support their regulatory domain.

• 9.  RE: AOS 8 International Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 12:17 PM
    Hi Michael,

I am not able to build it in my lab this week due to other work.

A CAP always follows the MC it is connected to regarding regulatory domain. In ArubaOS 6.x AFAIK you could have a central master/standby master and controllers per geo location. I don’t think it is much different with 8.x.