Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

Posted Jul 24, 2017 04:37 AM

i recently migrated a controller from 6 to 8 including custom captive portal.

now i need to change the logo, but i do not find any option to upload custom files to flash://???/upload/custom/...

how to do in v8?

• 2.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

Posted Jul 24, 2017 10:01 PM

Hi Jay,

Please try the following steps:

1. Login to the Mobility Master.

2. In the Managed Network node hierarchy, navigate to the Configuration > Roles & Policies page.
    3. Select a role and click Show Advanced View in Roles > <rolename> table.
    4. Click Captive Portal. Click Internal captive portal with authentication option.

Refer to screenshot CP

5. Click on the Thumbnail to edit the Templates. You can edit the logo, Box Color, Text Color, and Button Color. Click Preview the view the changes.

Refer to screenshot CP1

6. Click Submit to save the changes.

• 3.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

Posted Jul 25, 2017 02:58 AM

have custom CP with css and so on. It was migrated with the migration tool from 6 to 8 but it seems that there is no way to change the files now.

do i need to get the flash backup, change the files and restore it then?

• 4.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

Posted Nov 27, 2018 09:10 AM

Was this ever resolved?

The 8.3 user guide says go to "Configuration > Management > Captive

Portal > Upload Custom Login Pages" which does not even exist in version 8.......

• 5.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 09:29 AM

• 6.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

Posted Nov 27, 2018 10:15 AM

yes this is the same link. Section 6 under 'Configuring Localization' 

I want to upload an custom captive portal page that I am using under version 6.5 which has custom CSS files. I cannot find where to upload this content. Under section 6 in this link it says

"Configuration > Management > Captive Portal > Upload Custom Login Pages" which does not appear to exist in version 8.

• 7.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 10:46 AM

You do have to click on "Custom HTML" to upload pages after you choose Internal Captive Portal with authentication:

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 09.43.54.png

I don't see that piece in the instructions.  Do you see the screenshot above?

• 8.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

Posted Nov 27, 2018 02:19 PM

I do see the screen shot but that does not allow me to upload a custom page with CSS files etc.

• 9.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 02:53 PM

Do you see the "browse" button?

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 13.48.27.png

You should click on the Browse button and use your file system to find the file you want to upload, and then click on "Submit", then click on Pending Changes in the upper right hand corner to push the change.  For css and other assets, you will unfortunately have to come back to this page and click on submit one by one.  Uploading using the "File for Login page" and "File for Welcome Page" are the same thing, except for one difference:  "File for Login page" uploads a file and automatically sets the Login page of the captive portal to that filename.  You want to upload all of your other assets using the "Welcome Page" dialog...

It is worth noting that I had the resolution on my monitor high and I had to hit ctrl - or ctrl + to actually see the submit button...

• 10.  RE: AOS 8 custom captive portal. upload/change files

Posted Nov 28, 2018 03:31 AM

Ok this worked. The issue was not that I could not see the buttons, it was that the wording is not clear in the guide for uploading custom files as the only options appear to be 'File for login page' or 'File for welcome page'. To make it clearer there should be an option for 'Content' as there is in 6.x.

Anyway, this did solve my issue so thanks for your help. It does not look like I can mark the thread as solved as I did not create it originally.

Thanks