Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.x - Controller clustering

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.x - Controller clustering

Posted Nov 07, 2018 05:17 AM

Hi all,

I've got 2 x 7240 wireless controllers which are setup in HA dual mode.

Since we've updatet to AOS 8.x, i've saw a new feature called controller clustering.

I want to enable this feature, but will the AP's bootstrap? No downtime is allowed.

Do I have to disable HA?

Kind regards,

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.x - Controller clustering
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2018 05:22 AM

Do you have an MM in your ArubaOs 8.x deployment?  If yes, you can enable clustering.  If no, you cannot.

You would have to disable HA, because you cannot enable clustering and HA in the same environment.  Enabling clustering itself does not involve downtime or AP rebootstraps, but I would plan for some downtime to understand exactly how to configure it and to understand exactly what you are doing.  There is some planning involved.

Please see the ArubaOS 8 fundamentals guide for more information here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-8-Fundamentals-Guide/ta-p/428914

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.x - Controller clustering

Posted Nov 07, 2018 05:28 AM

MM is running.

Thank you will plan some downtime then.

Kind regards,

• 4.  RE: AOS 8.x - Controller clustering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2018 05:30 AM

I mean you cannot enable Clustering and HA on the same group of access points.  Please take a look at the 8.x controller clustering Youtube video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbhRBD6VEzA&t=193s&list=PLsYGHuNuBZcatGA1POy6iVpVlDTLYzNFE&index=5

• 5.  RE: AOS 8.x - Controller clustering

Posted Nov 07, 2018 05:32 AM

Yea i did know that. The question was that i'm going to disable HA then enable clustering, will this generate downtime?

Regards,

• 6.  RE: AOS 8.x - Controller clustering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2018 05:36 AM

I  will say that I would not do it during production.