Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS8 Configuration file

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  AOS8 Configuration file

Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:47 AM

Dear all,

In the previous AOS version (6.x), the whole configuration of the controller in standalone mode was in an unique file (default.cfg). To provision the controllers, we were able to upload a new configuration file, replace the default.cfg file, and reboot the controller, it was working fine.

With the new version 8, it seems to be more complex. We can easily export the current configuration from a standalone controller with a "copy running-config ..." command, but I have noticed that the default.cfg file is now only containing the configuration after the initial setup, and not the current running configuration.

So, I didn't yet try to replace this default.cfg file with a complete configuration file as I don't want to bricked the controller.

Is there a procedure with  the AOS verion 8 to upload a configuration file? We would like to do it as we have a tool that automatically generate configuration text file for each network equipement to ease deployments.

Thank you,

Sebastien

• 2.  RE: AOS8 Configuration file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 21, 2017 02:52 AM

Just see that your thread doesn't get a reply. I think it would be good to post this in another dicussion group like Wireless Access. This thread is currently in the switching and routing group.

• 3.  RE: AOS8 Configuration file

Posted May 03, 2017 09:51 AM

Thank you for moving the thread to a more appropriate group, but unhopefully, there is not yet an answer...

• 4.  RE: AOS8 Configuration file

Posted May 17, 2017 01:30 PM

Sebastien,

It's very hard (if not impossible to brick a controller) by tampering its file structure because in the worst case, you can always format the flash (format 0:2) at the cpboot prompt.

This being said, I'll try to have a look tomorrow on the file structure

S.