Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS8 Migration: OS Upgrade via Migration tool

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AOS8 Migration: OS Upgrade via Migration tool

Posted Jan 18, 2019 05:43 AM

Hi All, We are planning to upgrade our existing 6.4 infra to 8.x. After POC we agreed on doing manual migration. Is there any option we can use the migration tool only for OS upgrade and not for configuration migration ? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: AOS8 Migration: OS Upgrade via Migration tool

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 18, 2019 06:32 PM
    Far as i know You need a configuration migration because 6.x isnt the same architecture as 8.x.

Couple of weeks ago i pre-install a new 6.x controller (only give a ip etc.) then update to 8.x and the controller was empty again. I think that that part is where the migrationtool kicks in to upload the converted configuration.

Personaly i only have migrate manualy (by rebuild the configuration) so far, no real experience with the migrationtool.

Hope this help you in the right direction.

• 3.  RE: AOS8 Migration: OS Upgrade via Migration tool

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 18, 2019 06:32 PM
    Far as i know You need a configuration migration because 6.x isnt the same architecture as 8.x.

Couple of weeks ago i pre-install a new 6.x controller (only give a ip etc.) then update to 8.x and the controller was empty again. I think that that part is where the migrationtool kicks in to upload the converted configuration.

Personaly i only have migrate manualy (by rebuild the configuration) so far, no real experience with the migrationtool.

Hope this help you in the right direction.