Wireless Access

Contributor II

Re: AOS8 "show ap-group"

From my MM I entered the following (the MAC address being my MD)...

(ArubaMM-VA) [00:1a:1e:03:fb:00] #mdconnect

Redirecting to Managed Device Shell
Permission denied, Wrong UserName or password

Exiting Managed Device Shell

Is it really the case that I have to login to the MD in order to see my AP groups...which I manage from the MM?

Mike Naylor
The College of Wooster
Guru Elite

You can type:

show configuration effective <name of controller> | begin ap-group

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

@cjoseph wrote:

You can type:

show configuration effective <name of controller> | begin ap-group

Understood...I'm just looking for some of the functionality from AOS6. Running "show ap-group" on my AOS6 master yields simple results and I can show details with "show ap-group <name>" instead of having to wade through configs. AOS8 just doesn't seem that friendly to console use.

Mike Naylor
The College of Wooster
Highlighted
Guru Elite

I don't know why MDC does not work, but you can also SSH into your controller and type "show ap-group" to see what groups are there.  AOS 8 is hierarchical and most the the configuration should be configured at the container level, but you want to look at the resulting configuration at the controller level just in case something was defined at the controller level, as well.

Please see the videos here:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsYGHuNuBZcatGA1POy6iVpVlDTLYzNFE  for more information.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: