Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

AOS8 whitelist sync

Hi,

I think I understand the reasons why whitelist sync might be intentionally disabled (if there are MCs that do not need the db replicated to them).

However it looks like we have it disabled (having just moved from 6.5 to 8.4.0.4). I think this must have been accidental as we had it enabled on 6.5, or is this defaulting to disabled because there is something fundamentally different in AOS8?

Is there any reason not to turn it back on in AOS8? Is this a setting you would normally recommend be enabled?

Our cluster design is 2 clusters of 8 MCs (one cluster acting as a back-up cluster, so only active if APs use their bkup-LMS). They are managed on different VLANs. Any member of the active cluster could terminate any AP.

Guru Elite

Re: AOS8 whitelist sync

Are you manually whitelisting each access point?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

At the moment it is set to temporarily allow-all (an artefact of the migration to AOS8) but normally we use a central provisioning VLAN and just allow that subnet to auto-provision. The model we use is that we provision and group APs centrally (ie in our office), and then install APs, or send APs out to be installed by customers (colleges and depts). 

Guru Elite

Ok.  Whitelist sync should be on by default.

Please see here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_85_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/1cli-commands/dis-whtlist-sync.htm?Highlight=whitelist%20sync

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Regular Contributor I

Thanks, I'll pass that on

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for