Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-105 5ghz SSID can't detect by Macbook Pro but iPad no Problem

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP-105 5ghz SSID can't detect by Macbook Pro but iPad no Problem

Posted Dec 09, 2012 07:09 PM

Has anybody encountered this:

I have setup a test SSID called, Test_A and Test_G, where Test_A is broadcasting on 5GHZ radio and Test_G on 2.4GHZ. Macbook/Macbook Pros are unable to pickup the Test_A SSID while the iPad has no problem seeing both Test_A and Test_G SSID.

However, the same Macbook Pro,will conect to a 5Ghz in different location.

The test was performed in a room where an AP-105 is installed. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could guide me on how to troubleshoot this. Quite annoying.

• 2.  RE: AP-105 5ghz SSID can't detect by Macbook Pro but iPad no Problem
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2012 10:28 PM

Guess you already checked that the card is abgn... but still ask.

Does it has the lastest driver? as it could be a driver issue?

Does it happen to just those 2 macbook pro or to ALL the macbooks pro you got?

Can you try enabling the 802.1h/802.1d for a min and see if the mac book are able to see the SSID?

I had some iphones in which they were not able to see the SSID... and every other laptop tablet etc was able... it was the output power issue... and i turned the 802.1h so they coudl negociate the output power... the result was that it was able to see it...

It is recommended to have it on IF all your devices support it.   If not then you should not... but just try it just to see if its an output power issue...

its under  ap group rf  managment on the 802g profil and 802a profile.

• 3.  RE: AP-105 5ghz SSID can't detect by Macbook Pro but iPad no Problem

Posted Dec 12, 2012 02:26 AM

Awesome!  Ticking that box did the trick!  Now I can see all the SSIDs.

Thank you NightShade!

• 4.  RE: AP-105 5ghz SSID can't detect by Macbook Pro but iPad no Problem

Posted Dec 12, 2012 08:39 AM

Please MacArenas

Remenber this setting is not supported by the old old Devices... and you might get issues connecting those devices...

I succesfully turned on, on many places which got new devices... and some kind of old but they are still n

Some just had to update the driver and thats it...

If you got issue with a device that cannot connnect

1-Update the driver to the newest one.

2-If the problem persist you can turn off the checkbox for a mins and test if it connect then thats the problem, if not then its something else.

Like i said it is recommended to turn it on as long as your devices it support it.

If you have to turn it off for some reason then at least we know its a power output issue and we still can play with that on the config.

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: AP-105 5ghz SSID can't detect by Macbook Pro but iPad no Problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 09, 2012 11:05 PM

@McArenas wrote:

Has anybody encountered this:

I have setup a test SSID called, Test_A and Test_G, where Test_A is broadcasting on 5GHZ radio and Test_G on 2.4GHZ. Macbook/Macbook Pros are unable to pickup the Test_A SSID while the iPad has no problem seeing both Test_A and Test_G SSID.

However, the same Macbook Pro,will conect to a 5Ghz in different location.

The test was performed in a room where an AP-105 is installed. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could guide me on how to troubleshoot this. Quite annoying.

Please open a TAC case.