Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 105 bridge mode passing multiple vlans/DHCP not working

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP 105 bridge mode passing multiple vlans/DHCP not working

Posted Nov 06, 2012 05:57 PM

I apologize at first if this doesn't make sense.  So we have 4 AP 105s that are connected to a switch as trunks, native vlan 1000 and trunking all other vlans, including vlan 5 which is what we want our clients to get an IP address from.  That switch the APs are patched into trunks to a router that acts as the default gateway with an IP helper address on the SVI for vlan 5.  Here is the weird part, the mobility controller is at another location across an MPLS which is why we are trying to setup the APs in bridge mode.  I have them up and broadcasting, control plane security is on/auto cert going as well.  When I set the VAP profile to vlan 5 it does not pull an IP at all, although if I put in a static IP on my client it works just fine.  Now when I set the VAP profile to vlan 1000, it pulls an IP address and  works perfectly.  I have the AP system profile native vlan set to 1000 as well.  From what I've read on here, this sounds right.  Any ideas what I'm missing.  Is this even possible?  I also have vlans 1,5,and 1000 created on the controller with only vlan 1 with an IP address.

• 2.  RE: AP 105 bridge mode passing multiple vlans/DHCP not working

Posted Nov 06, 2012 11:17 PM

Your configuration sounds correct.   Have you verified it is not just an issue with DHCP or the policy assigned to the user?

• 3.  RE: AP 105 bridge mode passing multiple vlans/DHCP not working

Posted Nov 07, 2012 12:13 AM

ensure that the switch/router connected to the DHCP server has an ip address on vlan 5.

for vlan 1000 is the step I mentioned above already exist or not?

• 4.  RE: AP 105 bridge mode passing multiple vlans/DHCP not working

Posted Nov 07, 2012 09:22 AM

I don't believe it's a DHCP issue or policy as when I change the  vlan assignment it works just fine and pulls an address.  Vlan 5 has an IP address on that router as it's acting as the DG for that subnet.