Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 105 changing their certificates

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP 105 changing their certificates

Posted Oct 02, 2012 08:51 AM

I have a WLAN composed of 1500 AP105's running on a 3600 main controller with 7 M3 local controllers... All of a sunden I notice in our whitelist that many AP's are showing certified-hold-switch-cert as opposed to certified-switch-cert. I have seen that this might be a corrupt TPM certificate or TPM chip problem but I need to know the cause of this problem as I cannot afford to go out to 130 sites and take AP's constantly of the ceiling to purge and reboot... Is this controller related, LAN related, switch... What is causing this...

Thanks

• 2.  RE: AP 105 changing their certificates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2012 08:59 AM

You should  be able to change the status in the whitelist to certified cert.

• 3.  RE: AP 105 changing their certificates

Posted Oct 02, 2012 09:45 AM

Thanks for the quick fix... but I am looking to find the root cause... Firewall issue , VLAN issues, WAN timeout... what causes this problem to occur...

Thanks

• 4.  RE: AP 105 changing their certificates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2012 09:57 AM

According to the user guide -

"certified-hold-switch-cert: An AP is put in this state when the controller thinks the AP has been certified with a controller certificate yet the AP requests to be certified again. Since this is not a normal condition, the AP will not be approved as a secure AP until a network administrator manually changes the status of the AP to verify that it is not compromised.If an AP is in this state due to connectivity problems, then the AP will recover and will be out of this hold state as soon as connectivity is restored."

Seems like "connectivity problems".  That could be a whole range of things, depending on your infrastructure.