Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: AP 105 getting IP address and controller, but doesn't show up to be provisioning.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Re: AP 105 getting IP address and controller, but doesn't show up to be provisioning.

Okay we need to know what you got in there...

You got one master and one local???

The master is 10.1.10.50??

And the local is the .48???

When you got a master local enviroment you put the record on the dns server as aruba-master(with the master controller IP)

When you need to terminate APS on a local controller then you use the  LMS vlaue in which you input in there where the AP should terminate the tunnel....

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp

This worked partially. It shows up on .50, but as down and I can't provision it. It only shows up in Monitoring > All Access Points. All I can do is clear it.

We have a master/local .50 and .49.

We also have a second master, .48, that is an evaluation unit for a single building in the WAN.

We essentially have two aruba-masters.

both master has differnet firmwares?

Because if its that... it should get the new firmware... he will log into the other controller but he will have to reboot...

He will need to tget the certificate and he will reboot again and then he willl be up....

Can you shoulw the console output? to see what it says???

At tleast on the last output it says that rebooting because he just got the new firwmare....

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp

Can you show the output?

it will tell you why it did reboot.. if it reboot because it got a new firmware it will tell you in there...

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp

Here is the last one.

.50 is 6.3.1.7

.48 is 6.3.1.2

10.1.100.143 255.255.0.0 10.1.255.254

Running ADP...Done. Master is 10.1.10.50

ath_hal: 0.9.17.1 (AR5416, AR9380, REGOPS_FUNC, PRIVATE_DIAG, WRITE_EEPROM, 11D)

ath_rate_atheros: Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Atheros Communications, Inc, All Rights Reserved

ath_rate_atheros: Aruba Networks Rate Control Algorithm

ath_dfs: Version 2.0.0

Copyright (c) 2005-2006 Atheros Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved

ath_spectrum: Version 2.0.0

Copyright (c) 2005-2006 Atheros Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved

ath_dev: Copyright (c) 2001-2007 Atheros Communications, Inc, All Rights Reserved

ath_pci: 0.9.4.5 (Atheros/multi-bss)

ath_pci: cannot reserve PCI memory region

ath_ahb: 0.9.4.5 (Atheros/multi-bss)

Starting FIPS KAT ... Failed FIPS KAT.

AP rebooted Fri Dec 31 16:04:32 PST 1999; SAPD: Unable to contact switch: HELLO-TIMEOUT. Last Ctrl msg: HELLO len=1104 dest=10.1.10.50 tries=10 seq=0

shutting down watchdog process (nanny will restart it)...

AP rebooted Fri Dec 31 16:04:32 PST 1999; SAPD: Unable to contact switch: HELLO-TIMEOUT. Last Ctrl msg: HELLO len=1104 dest=10.1.10.50 tries=10 seq=0

This message is telling you that the ap is unable to find the controller....

can you get in the apboot again

and issue this command

dhcp

That command willl give the the ip address

then

ping 10.1.10.50

You should be able to ping it...

Anyways there is something really odd...

And you konw what is it?

It seems he saw the controlle for the first time as you told me that you saw it as down  on the .50 controller and you did not see that before right????

Like if it looked it and now he is unable to see it for some reason...

You got working APS on that controller? or it is a new controller???

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp

206 APs on that controller.

apboot> ping 10.1.10.50

eth0 up: 1 Gb/s full duplex

Using eth0 device

host 10.1.10.50 is alive

apboot> 

This is not a new controller. We've had it for a year or more. This AP just stopped broadcasting on it's own. No recent config changes. Nothing that would affect only on AP that is.

Oh is not a new AP???

Okay try this

go to the apboot again and do

clear os

purgeenv

save

If you do

print

you will see that your config of the controller is gone

So you will need to put it again

setenv master <ip address>

setenv serverip <ip address>

save

and reboot the AP

remenber he will restart like 2 times, when it download the firmware and when it install the certificate

You should see it as down for a while on the controller as its rebooting... or you will see it its upgrading on the ap installation.

If this does not work then

i woul stop wasting time with this and open a suppport case... because it looks like its a faulty AP..

If i were you,  to be 100% sure it is the AP i would get a working AP that i know it works and do the same im doing but with this AP.  And if it works then i would open a support case for a RMA.

The other thing is that, do you have enough license ont hat controller right?

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: