Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-105 in Bridged Mode. Clients not getting IP from DHCP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP-105 in Bridged Mode. Clients not getting IP from DHCP

Posted Sep 05, 2013 01:36 PM

Hi,

I have 2 SSID's on an AP-105 configured in RAP Mode, one is in tunnel mode and works fine but.... the other is in bridged mode and is exhibiting strange behaviour.

The SSID is WPA2-PSK in Bridged Mode. There is only a single VLAN on the Site and switch port is configured as an Access Port. Wired clients get there IP Address on the VLAN OK.

The Wireless Client associates OK but does not get an IP Address. However if I assign a fixed IP from the LAn Ip Subnet Client is able to ping within the VLAN and across the network with no problems.

This suggests to me  that Bridged Mode is working fine and Layer2 between the SSID and LAN is intact. Else ping would not work to the default gateway on the Local LAN. The Role that gets assign has only one rule which is AllowAll (any any any permit).

Any insight into what may be going on would be appreciated.

Regards, Nigel

• 2.  RE: AP-105 in Bridged Mode. Clients not getting IP from DHCP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2013 08:59 AM

What is your Initial role in the AAA profile for the Bridged Virtual AP?  In that role, what are its rights? (policies)

• 3.  RE: AP-105 in Bridged Mode. Clients not getting IP from DHCP

Posted Sep 09, 2013 04:48 AM

Hi Seth,

The Intitial Role in the AAA Profe equates to an "AllowAll" rule. see below.

aaa profile "Test-VoIP-aaa_prof"
       initial-role "Test-Corp-Auth-Role"
       authentication-dot1x "dot1x_prof-yom51"

user-role Test-Corp-Auth-Role
     access-list session allowall

ip access-list session allowall
      any any any  permit

Regards,

Nigel

• 4.  RE: AP-105 in Bridged Mode. Clients not getting IP from DHCP

Posted Sep 25, 2014 05:34 PM

Where you able to get this resolved? We just started having this issue after restarting our controller.