Wireless Access

AP 105 static IP

Community,

I would like to assign static IP addresses to all my Aruba 105 AP's but am having a hard time finding where to do this in the controller (3200xm). All the google searches come up for "instant AP's" but that is not what I have. How do i assign static IP's to my AP's? Do I have to do it via CLI at each individual AP?

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: AP 105 static IP

Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation.

An Aruba Installation assumes that your access points will do dhcp, so there are very few places that support easy installation/maintenence of statically addressed access points.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Colin,

Does this mean the only viable way to apply static IPs to an AP 105 is via CLI? 

Guru Elite

No.  While provisioning an AP in the GUI (to change the name or ap-group), you can set the static ip address parameters there.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Colin,

I am having trouble finding where in the controller this is set at. i went to Configuration tab-->Wireless-->AP Configuration but am seeing nothing. I tried in both AP Groups and AP Specific tabs.  

Guru Elite

Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Thanks Colin, I see it now! You have to check the AP and then click on "provision"

Thanks!

Guru Elite

You would have to do the same thing to change the name or group of an AP.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: