Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-105

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 01:31 PM

Hello,

I just received an AP-105.  I am trying to configure it, however, I am having a hard time setting an I.P. address through command line.  Once I set this up I can then go to the gui interface of the AP and set it up.

• 2.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 01:44 PM

GUI :

Select the AP-Group your AP is in or seach for the ap-name or ip-address and then pick the AP you want to make the change and click on provision

Switch General Configuration_2013-06-11_13-34-24.png

Under the IP settings you can define the IP address you want to assign to that AP 

Switch General Configuration_2013-06-11_13-39-18.png

CLI:

(controller) (config) #provision-ap
    (controller) (AP provisioning) #read-bootinfo ap-name <ap-name> or wired-mac <wired-mac>
    (controller) (AP provisioning) #ipaddr <ip-address you are going to assign>
    NOTE: For cert RAP; ap-name (if specified) in RAP whitelist entry will take the highest preference ( you can ignore this if this is not a Remote AP)
    (controller) (AP provisioning) #reprovision ap-name <ap-name> or wired-mac <wired-mac>

Hope this helps

• 3.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 02:09 PM

Thank you for the info. 

I do not have a controller as I was told that these devices would act like their own controller.

How can I proceed from here?

• 4.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:19 PM

I was able to configure an I.P. address and I was able to ping the device.  The problem I currently am having is that when I go to the I.P. addresss that I have assigned, I receive the page can not be displayed.  I also have to be able to setup an SSID.  How can I do this through the command line?

• 5.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:22 PM

Do you have an Instant AP? (it should say IAP-105 on the back) With a default configuration it should bring up a SSID called "Instant"; you can associate to that SSID and configure your Instant network (or you could use the CLI the find out what IP it got).

• 6.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:24 PM

I just checked, it's an IAP-105

• 7.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:31 PM

Do you have DHCP enabled in the VLAN you are connecting the IAP to? You should execute "show ip interface" on the CLI to see what IP address it got.

The web-interface should either be running on https://<IP> or https://<IP>:4343 depending on which version it was shipped with. From version 3.3 it is also possible to do configuration from the CLI.

• 8.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:48 PM

So I do have the I.P. address of the access point now.  Everytime I try to connect to it, I receive a security alert.  I agree to proceed with the security alert then I get the page can not be displayed.  Is there an additional optioin I need to enable to view it through web base?

• 9.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:51 PM

You shouldn't have to enable anything else, can you post a screenshot of what result you are getting?

Can you try with a different browser like Chrome/Firefox/etc?

• 10.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:54 PM

I changed computers and gave it another try again.  I am able to log in to the web base gui.  I do have one last question.  If I would like my DHCP server to hand out I.P. addresses using this AP how would I do that?  My switches and DHCP server are configured properly.

• 11.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 05:10 PM

Create a new network and on the VLAN-tab choose "Network assigned" under "Client IP assignment".

You can choose the default VLAN so packets will be bridged untagged to the default VLAN or fill in a VLAN ID to tag the packets to the upstream switch.

• 12.  RE: AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:22 PM

So you have an IAP-105, and not an AP-105? Please confirm. An AP-105 operates in conjunction with a controller only; the IAP devices can be deployed standalone (incorporating a "virtual" controller).

• 13.  RE: AP-105

Posted Jun 11, 2013 03:52 PM

This is means this is an Aruba Instant AP (IAP).

- In that case you need to connect the aruba Instant to a switch using e0

- Then using your laptop you should be able to connect to the instant SSID 

- Open a browser and go to instant.arubanetworks.com (username/password : admin)

Instant_2013-06-11_15-50-53.png