Wireless Access

Re: AP-125 Reset

Can you please share the console output ?

Make there's enough IPs available to give on your dhcp server ?

Also check that Poe is properly provided ?

How many of these 125s are not able to come up ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor II

I do have another one that I have reset to factory using purge, save, reset, and it shows up in the installation list on the controller like it should.  The problem it has though is that it says upgrading, then it reboots, then it upgrades, reboots.  It is a non-stop cycle.  Any ideas? 

It does show an error of:

MTD do_erase_oneblock():  software timeout   erase err    

What AOS are you using ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian

On the controller do a show log system all | include <device mac>
Thank you

Victor Fabian

Guru Elite

gbguy wrote:

GBguy,

There is an issue where APs on 3.x cannot be upgraded to 6.x directly without a stop at the latest 5.x.  you could be running into that issue.  The only solution is to safe your config, downgrade the controller to the latest 5.x and see if that specific access point will come up.  If it does, upgrade back to 6.1.3.7 and then boot from your saved running config.

At issue is the the 3.x AP had a hard limit on the size of the image it would accept.  In 6.x the images exceed that, so direct upgrades from 3.x to 6.x would have reboots.  The 5.x code relaxes the limit so that access points can accept upgrades that were previously restricted by 3.x.

If the access point you obtained was on 3.x, it could not be directly upgraded to 6.x.  Does that make sense?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Yes that makes sense. I have an old 2400 that has version 5 on it. I'll see if it'll upgrade it correctly on Friday. Thanks!

Well, that didn't help.  Tried 5.0.4.12 and even went back to 3.4.5.1 and it has the same erase err.  Wonder if this one is bad too?

Guru Elite

Try the following at the apboot prompt:

flash erase bfc80000 bfc81000
flash erase oxbfc60000 0xbfc6ffff
upgrade
tftp boot
dhcp

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

flash isn't a vaild command.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: