Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-130-MNT removal?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-130-MNT removal?

Posted Sep 13, 2013 01:30 PM

So, any tips for removing an AP135 that has been mounted with the "original" AP-130-MNT kit?  Date on this is 2011, although I see there is a much better design dated 2012.

This is the mount with 4 arms, and the AP snaps into place.  After mounting the AP covers the 4 mounting screws, and you have slightly more than 1" to get between the wall and AP and figure out how to simultaneously press in the 2 clips that are approximately 3 1/2" apart......all while (presumably) balancing on a ladder.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Method/attachment/Default.aspx?EntryId=5937

I have 1 in front of my on my desk (not mounted) and can't seem to get it out of the mount, so I can only imagine trying it once mounted on a wall.

Do I need to send this back to my vendor and tell them to send me the "revised" mount?   They added these mounts to our initial order of 135s and I wasn't aware there were different versions.

• 2.  RE: AP-130-MNT removal?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2013 01:40 PM

Assuming the mount is securely attached to the wall, brute force (rotating AP CCW) will do it. This does not deteriorate the mechanism or snaps (I've done this repetitively on an AP + mount to verify).

• 3.  RE: AP-130-MNT removal?

Posted Sep 13, 2013 02:15 PM

Thanks, guess we were too worried about breaking something.

Shhhh....let's not tell my manager, who just cut himself with a screwdriver trying to get it out!

There's quite a bit of force required.  We haven't had to use them yet, but I guess I'd better let my installer know that they need to use  anchors if they mount them.  They would be tempted to just use drywall screws and I can imagine the damage trying to get them down.

Seems the "better" mounts (w2) are 3 times the price.

• 4.  RE: AP-130-MNT removal?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2013 02:22 PM

Even without anchors, you should be fine. Holding on to the AP itself, it's fairly easy to twist them off. Nothing will break.