Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-175 Console Issue

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP-175 Console Issue

Posted Jun 25, 2013 05:07 PM

I have an AP-175 that I am trying to configure.  When I break the autoboot in console mode, I am not able to try any command.  Occassionally I am allowed to type something but it says, "unknown command".  I am using Putty set to 9600, 8,1,N

Is there any other way besides the console to purge the environment since I cannot see it in the Master Controller?

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

• 2.  RE: AP-175 Console Issue

Posted Jun 25, 2013 09:09 PM

Well if you type "?" you will get a list of commands.

The proper commands to reset the unit's environmental parameters stored in NVRAM are:

- clear os

- purgeenv

- saveenv

- reboot

• 3.  RE: AP-175 Console Issue

Posted Jul 10, 2013 10:46 AM

Hi clukas,

Would you advice what "clear os" command would actually do.. ?

erase the os alone on the AP or erase the entire flash, along with the environment variables, thus loosing the apname etc..

• 4.  RE: AP-175 Console Issue

Posted Jul 10, 2013 03:25 PM

The "purgeenv" command clears all environment variables including IP address, master IP address, netmask, provisioned radio settings like antenna gain, and so on.

The "clear os" command does not delete the AP image but forces the controller to reload the image on the AP.

The "saveenv" command commits the cleared environmental variables to NVRAM.

• 5.  RE: AP-175 Console Issue

Posted Jul 17, 2014 06:27 PM

I am Having the same isssue.  i have 2 ap-175 and when i get to the apboot: it just freezes

• 6.  RE: AP-175 Console Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2014 11:51 PM

Make sure you have the latest serial drivers for the integrated USB console driver, and are using the correct settings (9600, 8n1, no flow or X).