Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 175 Outdoor AP Not Powering Up

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP 175 Outdoor AP Not Powering Up

Posted Jun 19, 2018 09:55 AM

Im trying to set up an AP 175 & when I connect the Ethernet port (which also says PoE Out, the only Ethernet port I see) to a PoE switch nothing happens.

I verified that the switch port is enabled by successfully powering up an AP 105 & a voip phone on the same switch port. I even configured the switchport to put out high voltage. The switch is a  HP J9091A & when I go to manually set a PoE value on the port the hgihest number I see is 33 volts. Is this not enough? Is there another Ethernet port inside the unit that I need to take apart to see?

• 2.  RE: AP 175 Outdoor AP Not Powering Up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:00 AM

The HP J9091A is a chassis.  Does the linecard support high powered POE? (AT)

Screenshot 2018-06-19 at 08.59.32.png

• 3.  RE: AP 175 Outdoor AP Not Powering Up

Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:27 AM

I found the 24 port module is a J8702A which cant find the data sheet for anywhere. I believe its end of life. Am I on the right track atleast? Does this AP 175 need a certain amount of voltage to power on? I assume if the port I plugged it into was poe plus than it should power on automattically.

• 4.  RE: AP 175 Outdoor AP Not Powering Up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:48 AM

There were three variants to the AP-175:

AP-175P - Powered via 802.3at power over ethernet (PoE+)

AP-175AC - powered via external AC power source

AP-175DC - powered via external DC power source

The AC and DC powered models provide an 802.3af PoE power source (PSE) on the Ethernet interface. In this case, the port is labeled Power Out

The PoE powered model accepts 802.3at PoE+ power to source power for the unit. In this case, the port is labeled Power In.

It sounds like the 175 you have is either the AC or DC powered variant.

• 5.  RE: AP 175 Outdoor AP Not Powering Up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 11:02 AM

I cannot find anywhere that the J8702A provides anything besides standard POE.  The AP175P requires POE+ because it has an internal heater.

• 6.  RE: AP 175 Outdoor AP Not Powering Up
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2018 11:08 AM

AP LED.jpgAP 175.jpgSo I found a known poe plus switch & was able to power up the ap 175. However I do not see the AP coming up with an IP address & the switchport mac table is not learning the mac address. I wan to look at the configuration but the console port is a USB port. I do have a usb to serial connector but I can only use that to connect to rj45 console ports. Does anyone know how to look at the config. Here is what the LEDs are showing... The P/S light is flashing Orange & Green and the Eth light is flashing yellow.

• 7.  RE: AP 175 Outdoor AP Not Powering Up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 12:51 PM

You just need a USB cable (A to A I think) and the driver from Aruba's support page, then you can console in to the AP.