Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-205H Home LAN Passthrough?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP-205H Home LAN Passthrough?

Posted Apr 09, 2019 06:12 PM

Hello all,

I just received an AP-205H for use at home.  It's connected and homing in just fine. I'm using the stand with the short cable connecting the E0 and PT ports on the back.  My home network is connected to the E0/PT port on the bottom.

As far as I can tell in our Aruba controller, it is configured with E1 and E2 being the office vlan and E3 being the office phone vlan.

I am wondering if it is at all possible to configure E1 or E2 to be a pass-through to my home LAN.

Ideally I'd like to be:

Wall -> AP-205H -> My Home Desktop (but on the home network, not on the work network).

I thought maybe connecting the AP-205H to my home network via the E0 port on the back and connecting my desktop to the PT port would work but my desktop never got link light.

Thanks,

-Mike

• 2.  RE: AP-205H Home LAN Passthrough?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2019 04:16 AM

If you have access to the controller, you can configure one (or more) of the wired ports on the Remote AP as Bridged in the Wired AP profile for that port. Leave the VLAN empty or 1 if you can't leave it empty in the Wired AP profile that you create for it.

• 3.  RE: AP-205H Home LAN Passthrough?

Posted Apr 10, 2019 02:16 PM

Wired AP enabled, NOT trusted, Forward Mode is bridge, switchport mode access, access mode vlan 1.

That's it? I made the config and applied it, guess I'll see what happens when I get home tonight.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: AP-205H Home LAN Passthrough?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2019 03:39 PM

You probably want to change the port to trusted. In Aruba trusted = no authentication, untrusted = use authentication and role base firewalling.

If you blindly want to bridge, make the port trusted.