Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 225 Maximum Concurrent Users

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  AP 225 Maximum Concurrent Users

Posted May 30, 2014 03:01 AM

Hi

Just wanted to know what is the max number of concurrent user of AP 225? If the backbone to internet gateway is using UTP (1Gb) and with internet subscribe of 5mb. I saw in the product sheet stated 200+ users, how do they calculate this amount? is there any formula specific for Aruba ?

Thanks

#AP225

• 2.  RE: AP 225 Maximum Concurrent Users
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2014 03:12 AM

It's not quite as straightforward as that. See this thread...

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/ap-105-maximum-clients/m-p/65108/highlight/true#M19173

The raw answer is it's 255 per radio, but that will never be practical in real operation. You'll hit other tipping points first.

Based on what you've said, I'd look at it as follows.

First bottleneck is the 5Mb. So, 1-2Mb per user is "workable" for "normal light" internet use (if that's what your use case is). So, that suggests about 3 users maximum running sustained traffic. In IP terms, that's not "real" due to "burst" nature. Opinions vary on the next bit, but let's say you assume a burst ratio of 10:1. That means 30 users is fine. But then, what sort of users are they? Business? Students? Culture matters.

As I say, it's not straightforward.

• 3.  RE: AP 225 Maximum Concurrent Users

Posted May 30, 2014 04:17 AM

Hi, Thank for the reply

It a school environment, the user are student. Mostly they will be only use it for browsing and perhap some kind of elearning application.

• 4.  RE: AP 225 Maximum Concurrent Users

Posted May 31, 2014 05:03 AM

The maximum associated 64 devices connectioon (by default setting) is refer o Per SSID oe Per AP?

• 5.  RE: AP 225 Maximum Concurrent Users

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2014 05:39 AM

• 6.  RE: AP 225 Maximum Concurrent Users

Posted May 31, 2014 07:25 AM

<The raw answer is it's 255 per radio, but that will never be practical in real operation. You'll hit other tipping points first.>

Hi,

As u stated as above , if i keep the default setting of max associate value as 64,

Is that possible to happen that the hit of tipping point even the users haven't reached up to 64 ? ( eg: AP only allow connection up 30 users connections?)

What may cause that happening?