Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-225 - Remote AP provisioning failures

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP-225 - Remote AP provisioning failures

MVP
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:15 PM

Hi all,

Trying to provision an AP-225 as a remote AP. I have the L2TP pool configured, IKE key configured, and provisioning device into the RAP ap group we created (with LMS of controller).

After it provisions it says successful, but then immediately goes down. ANy advice how to fix this? Please see image:

#AP225

• 2.  RE: AP-225 - Remote AP provisioning failures

MVP
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:16 PM

troubleshooting1.png

• 3.  RE: AP-225 - Remote AP provisioning failures

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:19 PM

How are you provisioning this...are you using the Wireless> AP Installation?  It should reboot and connect.  At what point does it go down?

• 4.  RE: AP-225 - Remote AP provisioning failures

MVP
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:21 PM

I am using AP Installation to provision the AP, it reboots after provisioning and according to the CLI of the controller it successfully provisions and then IPSEC fails immediately and it goes down. It never fully comes online and broadcasts SSIDs, it also never shows as UP in the controller because it goes down as soon as provisioning is complete.

• 5.  RE: AP-225 - Remote AP provisioning failures
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:29 PM

The #1 reason for that happening is if you have an LMS-IP address that is private in the AP system profile of that ap group.  If you have an LMS-IP, please remove it.  If you do not, make sure your RAP works when on a private network, pointing it to the private address of the controller before moving it to a public network.

• 6.  RE: AP-225 - Remote AP provisioning failures

MVP
    Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:35 PM

That appears to be the problem, removed LMS IP and it came online after I provisioned it again.... major kudos!