Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-225 broadcasting SSID that is not configured in the controller.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-225 broadcasting SSID that is not configured in the controller.

Posted Aug 25, 2014 05:00 AM

Hi,

Some weird things happening in our wireless setup. not long ago, we configured an ssid specific for an event, it was okay, everything worked fine. After the event we removed all the configuration that was relating to that event. so for me to confirm this I run the command "show ap essid", the ssid is not showing anymore, i run "show ap bss-table" the ssid is not showing either.

However I noticed recently that my device can still see the SSID that was created before. When I tried to connect to it I wasn't able to get IP address but sure enough I am connecting to a bssid which is one of our AP (confirmed this using the netsh wlan show interfaces command).

Anyone experienced this before? is it some kind of a bug for this AP? I am running 6.3.1.3 on 7200 controller, AP's are AP-225.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: AP-225 broadcasting SSID that is not configured in the controller.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2014 07:56 AM

imus_rl,

You probably need independent confirmation that it is truly broadcasting.  Please use a third-party device to determine if that is happening.  If that is the case, please open a TAC case with your findings so that they can take it further.  

There is not enough information from your post to determine what is happening.