Wireless Access

Highlighted
Super Contributor I

Re: AP-275 802.3at fail

I tried those commands on a 2920 to no avail.  I also noticed that even though you

invoke the "poe-lldp-detect disable" command the port still shows that as enabled.

So, I enabled it, then configured the other two parameters, then disabled it,

the did a power/no power and that did the trick.  Sheesh.

That same thing worked on both WB.15.13.0005 and WB.15.11.0007

Thanxo mucho for finding that.

Frequent Contributor II

Hey - can you give me a little more detail on your steps? I am in the same situation - despite the disabling LLDP, my HP2530 shows it enabled. What's the power/no power mean?

thanks!

Frequent Contributor II

despite what I do with lldp-detect, my interface looks like:

interface 1
power-over-ethernet critical
poe-allocate-by value
poe-value 25
exit

Super Contributor I

Try this:

lldp admin-status X tx_rx

interface X

poe-lldp-detect enable

poe-allocate-by value

poe-value 26

poe-lldp-detect disable

no power

power

Frequent Contributor II

thanks, but it's still showing LLDP enabled on the gui, and the cli command file shows nothing in this area.

One thing I noticed in the gui is Dot3 LLDP TLV and Poe LLDP-MED. I am not able to disable the former. And I can't find where that might be in the cli.

thanks, great to be working with someone on this!

Super Contributor I

...but are the radios up after doing that and letting the AP reboot.  That is the question.

Yes the GUI always show poe lldp detection enabled even though the default is disabled

and no matter what you do with the setting.  Probably a bug in the GUI.

Frequent Contributor II

actually seems a step backwards. Now after rebooting the AP-275, the controller doesn't see it.

Status light on the AP is blinking green and the switch giu says it's current watts are 26.

I'll let it sit like this a bit and see if it connects.

Super Contributor I

Check to make sure you didn't knock your uplink port out?

They do take a while to register as up.  You can see their real status with "show ap database"

Frequent Contributor II

I had provisioned the AP with a name and rebooted it.

sh ap-database now shows this with its MAC address and it shows it as down.

Maybe I'll go with a POE injector to get it fully recognized, and then see if I can make it work with just the switch.

pain in the neck!

Frequent Contributor II

No joy for me so far. In fact, the 275 I had been playing with is now not recognized by the controller, even with a POE injector or connection to an Aruba switch. I'll end up consoling in and do a reset.

It's possible that the poe "optimization" borked my 275. I rolled that change back and hadn't rebooted any other AP's.

So for now, I have an ugly pile of POE injectors. And at $65 per, it's an irritating additional expense. But I will return to the HP switch configuration as time allows.

Thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: