Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-275 estimated coverage?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP-275 estimated coverage?

Posted Oct 14, 2014 07:55 PM

In a wide open area, what diameter coverage can you get from some ceiling-mounted AP-275 access points to have roughly -65dBm? Basically, I have a large open shop floor with 30' ceilings to cover. I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jason

• 2.  RE: AP-275 estimated coverage?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2014 08:36 PM

In clear, flat open space, I would think -65dB at a 50m radius (100m diameter) is pretty close to what you should see. Note that the Rx sensitivity will dictate what the clients ACTUALLY see, as well as whether the client is 1-stream, 2-stream, or 3-stream. So you may have a client at 50m distance who sees -65dB, but another that sees something better OR worse.

But 50m radius I think is a good ballpark for *flat, clear line of sight, no obstructions*

• 3.  RE: AP-275 estimated coverage?

Posted Oct 15, 2014 08:22 AM

Awesome! Exactly what I needed to know. Much appreciated

• 4.  RE: AP-275 estimated coverage?

Posted May 14, 2015 09:27 AM

Hello Jerrod

I was actually expecting to see something like 100 m radio and 200 meters diameter with this.

Because of the outdoor rate vs range with a sansung galaxy  chart you guys put once on the blog of airheads

how much Dbs you think i would get with a radio of 100m?  i mean a let say a pdt being 100m away from the ap 275? it would be bad?

Cheers

Carlos