Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-275 on another subnet over MPLS network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-275 on another subnet over MPLS network

Posted May 23, 2017 05:13 AM

Hello Team,

I have already deployed Aruba Controllers 7010 with 10 AP in one subnet as management (10.0.0.0/24) .Customers take IP from another vlan which I have configured on subnet 192.168.156.0/24 vlan 123.

Now , customer took one of them to naother remote site which has MPLS network.

I have manage through console to change the setenv ip add for the master controller so the AP to see through IP the 7010 controller with success.

I have reset through the controller this AP so now is ready to be provisioned .

My questions are ..

1) How can I assign the AP from the remote site to provide network from the central site to its clients 192.168.156.0/24 and not use the remote site network which is another subnet ? 

2) Is AP-275  not RAP or I can use the option to have communication with the controller through IPsec ?

Thank you in advance 

• 2.  RE: AP-275 on another subnet over MPLS network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2017 05:45 AM

1.  By default, the AP will tunnel user traffic back to the controller and clients will get an address on the 192.168.158.0/24 subnet (Tunneled Virtual AP).

2.  If you provisioned the AP as a Campus AP, it will use GRE to tunnel the AP traffic back to the controller.  If you provisioned the AP as a RAP, it would use ipsec.

• 3.  RE: AP-275 on another subnet over MPLS network

Posted May 25, 2017 09:51 AM

and from configuration point of view how can I do that ? 

Site A:

Controller has let's say VRRP 10.0.0.102 on vlan 135 

Customers GET ip from 192.168.156.0/24 on vlan 134

Now site B:

Customers have vlan 133 192.168.148.0/24

MPLS exist and there are 2 FWs between which for now I allow everything . 

My AP is AP-275 outdoor . 

• 4.  RE: AP-275 on another subnet over MPLS network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2017 11:34 AM

The Virtual AP determines what VLAN and whether or not the traffic is tunneled or bridged on an AP.  If the Virtual AP is configured as "tunnel" (the default), all traffic will be sent back to the controller and be sent out of whatever port on the controller has the VLAN tagged.  If the Virtual AP is configured as bridged, the user traffic will be sent out of the AP and tagged with that VLAN.  By default if the VLAN is 1 in a Bridged Virtual AP, the user traffic is not tagged.

• 5.  RE: AP-275 on another subnet over MPLS network

Posted May 29, 2017 06:46 AM

Thank you for the response ! 

I figured out what was the problem...I had to to put in the vlan id the vlan name instead of the vlan id in numbers.It worked as tunell back to the controller and clients take from the vlan .