Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-365 mounting way

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  AP-365 mounting way

Posted May 16, 2017 07:54 PM

Hi guys,

Has anyone experience with the AP-365 series? I have installed an AP-365 which has omnidirectional antennas, but I have low coverage. I wonder how is the way for mounting this AP, because unlike the 270 series, there is no installation guide for this AP. In order to have an omnidirectional pattern of coverage in outdoor, do you know if the point A in the following figure has to point to ground or to the horizon?

ap365.png

In my case it is pointing to ground. Any answer will be appreciated.

Regards,

Julián 

• 2.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

Posted May 17, 2017 07:54 AM

Hi guys,

Any idea? I mean, which would be the correct position between the attached pictures, position A or B?

Regards,

Julián

• 3.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2017 08:01 AM

The AP-365 should be exactly mounted like the AP-275 (same mounting material); so image A matches that. Use the mount on the wall, or pole; and the mount point on the AP is pointing upwards (and slided in the AP mount), the flat surface of the AP is pointing down:

position_a.jpg

• 4.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

Posted May 17, 2017 08:15 AM

Hi Herman,

Clear, many thanks!

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2017 07:22 PM

We will likely update the installation guides in late June/early July.

• 6.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

Posted Jul 10, 2017 10:27 PM

Hi, when we will have antenna pattern for the 367 in the datasheet? It's impossible to select this AP for purpose without knowing the antenna patterns.

• 7.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 11:46 PM

Not at all impossible, all you need is the gain and the beamwidths, the antenna patterns just give you the fade outside the -3dB demarc (ala the antenna width). I rarely use the actual antenna patterns at all. PLM decides if they go on the datasheets, and he decided not to include them.

• 8.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

Posted Apr 17, 2019 08:33 AM

what is the iseal hight AP 365 should be installed 

• 9.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 01:06 PM

10ft to 30ft AGL will work

• 10.  RE: AP-365 mounting way

Posted Apr 17, 2019 02:07 PM

It depends what you want to cover, but for general guidelines follow the Jerrod's recommendation. The ACDP guide says the following "You should always use the integrated antenna APs for ceilings of 10m (33 feet) or less."

Also take into account most APs' integrated antennas have peak gains at +-45º around the vertical axis. Attached the 365 pattern plots.

Regards,

Julián