Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

AP-365

I have an issue in this model AP365, it run OS 6.5.2 . but it dont broadcast default  SSID (set up me ). but SSID is exist and enable on GUI  . also i  create anther SSID but also it didn't broadcasting . please note that i power AP by poe switch not poe+ , i dont know if that can cause this problem ? 

also i have some question as it is the first time i deal with aruba .

I have 4 AP-365 and i need to work all of them in IAP virtual controller.

1-  how can i controll which one will be the virtual controller ?

2- what is the different between virtual controller ip and master ip ?

3- how to mange AP in VLAN and user will access AP in other VLAN ?

Aruba Employee

Re: AP-365

@eng.mbashar89wrote:

I have an issue in this model AP365, it run OS 6.5.2 . but it dont broadcast default  SSID (set up me ). but SSID is exist and enable on GUI  . also i  create anther SSID but also it didn't broadcasting . please note that i power AP by poe switch not poe+ , i dont know if that can cause this problem ? 

also i have some question as it is the first time i deal with aruba .

I have 4 AP-365 and i need to work all of them in IAP virtual controller.

1-  how can i controll which one will be the virtual controller ?

2- what is the different between virtual controller ip and master ip ?

3- how to mange AP in VLAN and user will access AP in other VLAN ?

Can you post a screen shot of your your Instant Dashboard? The datasheet for your AP can be accessed here: http://arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP360Series.pdf and lists the power requirements for the AP365.

There's also a couple links that should help clarify how/why the virtual controller is elected on a particular unit in an Instant cluster:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/CustomizeIAPParams/Master_Election_Protocol.htm

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/Controller-lessWLANs/article-id/153

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

The 365s are likely not joining the existing cluster because they are not matching the version of the existing APs running in the established cluster.  Are there any other Instant APs on the network? Do you see all four 365s in the cluster if not?

Occasional Contributor I

i attached image for dashboard , some show commands and file for running configuration . i try both OS 6.5.2 and 6,5,3 and both default SSID (setmeup) n0t broadcasting .

Occasional Contributor I

i attached image for dashboard , some show commands and file for running configuration . i try both OS 6.5.2 and 6,5,3 and both default SSID (setmeup) n0t broadcasting .

Occasional Contributor I

So assuming you have no other Instant APs on your network, you should be able to power up the first AP-365 and give it some config, some WLAN. Other AP-365s once up should join that cluster and show up in the dashbaord.

Occasional Contributor I

As you see in dashboard I access camera through iP. Yes I can create
multiple WLAN and when I power other AP, they join the cluster and I can
see WLANs I created on them but the problem that this WLAN don't be
broadcasting

If you want to pull a show tech from your VC (show tech-support), that would help as we could then see if it's actually broadcasting or not, or if you client is unable to see it for some reason. But none of the screenshots I can see show anything outside of a single AP and the SetMeUp default SSID.

Occasional Contributor I

kindly find attached files . be noted i have now ather issue in booting . also i notes that led light green for 3 sec then orange for 3 sec . 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: