Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AP 515 giving low speed

We have implemented AP 515 with 1 Giga speed internet and all the layer 2 & 3 devices have 10 g single mode connection.

Each port in SW and connection to AP gives around 1 Giga speed download and upload 1:1 stable through ethernet.

From a laptop when I test the AP wireless maximum of 400 Mbps can be reached.
Even when we are close to AP.
Aruba sensor can reach around 800 Mbps

We need to reach the speed of 800 at least through wireless.

Kindly assist.

controller 7210 Aos 8.5.2
And AP 510
MVP Guru

Re: AP 515 giving low speed

If the Aruba sensor can reach 800 Mbps, and your laptop only 400, it's likely a limitation on your laptop. What type of laptop are you using? Also, how do you determine the speed? Is that the connection speed in the client or AP? Or is that an iPerf? Speedtest?

The sensor has an "802.11 n/ac dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 & 5 GHz) with dual-stream MIMO", and if you reach half of the throughput with your laptop it can be that it is only a single stream device, or that your laptop falls back to 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.

It is really hard from a distance to determine what is happening here, but there is very likely an explanation, and it is likely in the client capabilities/driver/settings. Do you have an Aruba partner or someone else with experience on this topic that you can consult?

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

What type of laptop are you using?

- We are using hp pro book 450 g4, but we are able to reach speed of 560 Mbps connected to AP 325

I would like to why AP 325 gives out more speed compared to AP515
Also, how do you determine the speed? Is that the connection speed in the client or AP? Or is that an iPerf? Speedtest?

-We determine speed through speed test
Highlighted
Guru Elite

You should type "show ap association mac <client mac address>" to see the client capabilities.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

The client has 8ss capability, it is a Samsung Note 10 with wifi ax support and still, we could not achieve the desired speed.

Kindly assist.

Client with 8ss ?! And a mobile phone... Its just 802.11ax with 1x1:1

So you wrong... , More info here:

Samsung claims the following specs for the Wi-Fi in the S10 phones which are supposedly using the BCM4375:

Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5GHz),VHT80 MU-MIMO,1024QAM
Up to 1.2Gbps Download / Up to 1.2Gbps Upload
Who knows what Broadcom used to come up with their 1.429 Gbps PHY rate claim. Possibly some unmentioned non-standard feature enables it. My (complete) guess is that it comes from the Real Simultaneous Dual-Band (RSDB) feature which likely allows the chip to operate a single spatial stream of 802.11ax at 2.4GHz and 5GHz simultaneously.

2.4GHz 1x1:1 802.11ax (HE40,256-QAM) ~ 229 Mbps
5GHz 1x1:1 802.11ax (HE160,1024-QAM) ~ 1200 Mbps

Adding these two PHY rates together gives 1429 Mbps. Few, if any, clients would be able to connect to both bands simultaneously so this speed claim is misleading but that is not uncommon in this industry.
*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************

Finally, is it possible to achieve a minimum speed of 700 Mbps through this device?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: