Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

AP-515 or AP-514 with external Antenna for warehouse

Hello,

i have a question regarding the AP-515/514.

We have a historical WLAN-installation in a warehouse with AP-92 on a old controller with external antennas (see picture "ap"; i do not know the dbi).

In my opinion there are also too much APs installed (see picture "plan").

Now we want to upgrade to AP515/514 in this warehouse. My idea was to take the AP515 with internal antennas, but i do not know in which hight (maximum) i can mount them to get enought signal at the ground.

Or should i take the AP-514 with AP-ANT-40?

We have some handheld scanners and some scanners on forklifter in this area.

regards

Markus

Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: AP-515 or AP-514 with external Antenna for warehouse

IMHO the current ap placement is really the way you should avoid it at all. I would place the aps only shifted in mutliples lines of corridors between shelves to limit interferences. And before you replace old APs with new ones: please double check the compatibility of your handheld devices / scanners and their roaming bevaior with the new aps by doing a proper POC.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: AP-515 or AP-514 with external Antenna for warehouse

Let's start with the question. What is the mounting height right now? With the AP-92 and current antennas, have you had or are you having any coverage issues today? What is that antenna being used now?

As an FYI, we generally recommend using the AP-36x family of APs for warehouses (prevents the need for those boxes you are currently using.

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: