Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 61 Console to clear the pre-configuration

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP 61 Console to clear the pre-configuration

Posted Dec 05, 2011 10:55 PM

Hi,Guys

Now I have a AP 61 and a two heads special console cable,so how to use this cable to clear the AP pre-confiuration

I dont't know how to enter the proper mode.

• 2.  RE: AP 61 Console to clear the pre-configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2011 10:59 PM

Press enter when booting up, until the AP gets to the apboot> prompt.

type "purge"

type "save"

done.

• 3.  RE: AP 61 Console to clear the pre-configuration

Posted Dec 05, 2011 11:27 PM

I can't enter the apboot-> enviroment. This is my major problem

• 4.  RE: AP 61 Console to clear the pre-configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2011 03:16 AM

What kind of controller is this?  Did you purchase a Y-cable or did you make one yourself?

If you have and 800 or 2400 controller, try this method without the cable here: http://kb.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/arubanetworks.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=348  (This method wll not work on any other controllers besides the 800 or 2400)

If you made your own cable, please make sure it is constructed using the diagram here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/70/497/2/SOE.jpg

Make sure your terminal settings are: 9600 baud with NO flow Control.  Also try to use Putty.  Some users have problems breaking into the apboot> if they use hyperterminal or Secure CRT.

• 5.  RE: AP 61 Console to clear the pre-configuration

Posted Dec 11, 2011 07:37 AM
      |   view attached

Connect the cables as shown in attached picture. Once connected through you terminal window. Press enter to stop boot process. Then purge and save.