Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-65 move to 3200 controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP-65 move to 3200 controller

Posted Jun 27, 2013 09:35 AM

I have a 200 controller that I am trying to descommision and want to put the AP-65 on the 3200 controller. I unlugged the Ethernet for the 200 controller and it appeared that the three AP65 rebooted to the 3200 controller, but I do not see them active on the 3200 controller, how can I make sure they are active on the 3200 controller?

• 2.  RE: AP-65 move to 3200 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2013 06:06 PM

On the 3200 controller, go to Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation and see if they are there.  The access points might have been in ap-groups that do not exist on the new controller, so they will not broadcast anything until they are placed in groups that exist on the new controller.

• 3.  RE: AP-65 move to 3200 controller

Posted Dec 09, 2013 10:30 AM

what happens in case an AP-Group does not exist on the new controller?

Which AP-Group are the APs assigned at?

Do they go to the "default"?

Will they still be able to communicate with the new controller to get configuration, given they are configured with "Master Discovery:  Use AP Discovery Protocol"?

• 4.  RE: AP-65 move to 3200 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 09, 2013 10:36 AM

@gem wrote:

what happens in case an AP-Group does not exist on the new controller?

Which AP-Group are the APs assigned at?

Do they go to the "default"?

Will they still be able to communicate with the new controller to get configuration, given they are configured with "Master Discovery:  Use AP Discovery Protocol"?

If the new controller does not have the ap-groups, the access points will simply not broadcast anything.  They will sit there and do nothing.

• 5.  RE: AP-65 move to 3200 controller

Posted Jul 02, 2013 03:19 AM
    Hello.
    Please make sure that you have disabled Control Plane Security:
    In CLI apply:
    conf t
    control-plane-secuity
    cp-sec disable
    exit

Default settings in ArubaOS 6.x (latest vesrions) is cp-sec enabled.

Jaroslav