Wireless Access

New Contributor

AP-70 on Aruba 2400

Hi,

I have a Aruba 2400 controllor with AP-61's. Is it possible to extend the wireless network with AP-70's?

Thanks,

Aruba

Re: AP-70 on Aruba 2400

Absolutely, so long as you have the proper licensing, you can add AP-70s.  Any combination of APs that are supported on 5.x code should be able to run off of the 2400.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
AMFX | ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

New Contributor

Hi clembo,

How do I know if I have the proper license? I searched in the Aruba webinterface for licensing, but I found nothing.

Regards,

Aruba

WebUI:  Configuration --> Controller --> Licenses Tab

CLI:  show ap license-usage or show license verbose

There is nothing speicfic to the AP models, you just need to make sure you have available licnenses for additional APs

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
AMFX | ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Guru Elite

jd78x wrote:

Hi clembo,

How do I know if I have the proper license? I searched in the Aruba webinterface for licensing, but I found nothing.

Regards,

FACT:  The 2400 comes with 48 AP licenses built in, and that is the platform limit.  You can purchase additional FEATURE licenses, like PEF and IDS/IPS, but you should be able to terminate 48 APs on it without purchasing any additional licensing.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: