Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 92 without controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP 92 without controller

Posted Dec 02, 2012 03:21 PM

I have deployed 11 Aruba AP 92 without controller, selecting the correct boot mode at the beginning of the configuration process.

The 11 AP were separately configured with IP address, SSID and channel selection.

When I connect AP on the LAN, 3 of them are visible trough the lan but are not working on the radio interface, "11gn" led is solid red, SSID not visible and there is no radio signal...  I am fairly new to Aruba, any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: AP 92 without controller

Posted Dec 02, 2012 06:07 PM

Are these AP-92 or IAP-92?

If they are AP-92 they require a controller.  Only IAP-92 can be deployed controller-less.

• 3.  RE: AP 92 without controller

Posted Dec 03, 2012 05:14 AM

They are IAP-92, do you know where I can find the basics to configure (the virtual controller?)?

• 4.  RE: AP 92 without controller

Posted Dec 03, 2012 09:45 AM

The Instant User's Guide and Quick Start Guide are available for download on the Aruba Support site.  Go to www.arubanetworks.com and at the bottom of the page select "Support Login".  Now, at the top of the page you will see a link for "Documentation".

-All configuration is done through the WebUI....the CLI is not supported.

-Be sure you update to the latest release of IAP SW (6.1.3.4_3.1.0.1) via the Maintenance tab in the WebUI.

-Make sure you have an active link on the Ethernet port.

You mentioned that you "configured the correct boot mode at the beginning of the configuration process".   Can you elaborate on what you meant?   Did you make any configuration changes from the boot prompt?  No changes are needed.

• 5.  RE: AP 92 without controller

Posted Dec 03, 2012 04:34 PM

After reading Instant User Guide and watching some demos online, I realize I did completely wrong by configuring the IAP "one by one" and recreating the configuration in each IAP... when pluggging all these IAP together, might be complicated to decide wich is the Virtual Controller and for this V.C. to push the config in other IAP...

I think the best thing to do is reset all the solution and just configuring the first IAP with what I want and then just plugging the other IAP on the same switch ?.. I'll try that tomorow and keep you informed. thx for your help.