Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 02:50 PM

Greetings. I am working with a 650 mobility controller and a AP-93 access point that is slaved to the mobility controller. My goal is to have the access point on a static ip for communications with the network, but dishing out DHCP licenses to connected clients in a guest Virtual AP, with a seperate VIrtual AP for internal employee access that will be visable to our network as a whole. 

I've been playing setting up a vlan and a dhcp pool but I'm having trouble with the documentation on how to do this. Does anyone have a basic primer for setting this up?

• 2.  RE: AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 02:54 PM

Just to confirmed , you are trying to setup a DHCP pool for the wireless guest devices on the 650 controller and the AP-93 is connected to the 650 controller? correct ?

If that is the case then you can do the following :

- create a Layer2 VLAN : VLAN 10

- then create an SVI

interface vlan 10  

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

- Create DHCP Pool

ip dhcp pool TEST-DHCP-POOL1

default-router 10.10.10.1
    dns-server 8.8.8.8
    lease 0 1 0 0
    network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0

• 3.  RE: AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 04:31 PM

That is correct, the ap-93 is attached to the 650. I'd like to assign a static ip to the AP-93, but have it dish out DHCP ip addresses from either its self or the access point its self to wifi clients on a certain virtual ap. 

I performed the commands in shell. Do i then apply the created vlan to virtual AP profile? 

• 4.  RE: AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 04:54 PM

When I apply the created vlan to the virtual ap it won't let devices connect and get an dhcp ip address. 

• 5.  RE: AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 05:59 PM

If i understood u right... You want to assign an static IP to your AP-93... Your may do it in the AP installation page.

*Be sure to have the right IP info (subnet+GW+DNS)

*Be sure that the address your assigning to your AP is free and excluded from the DHCP server itself.

How to assign Static ip to an AP (GUI METHOD .. there is also a CLI method and a CONSOLE CABLE method)

Configuration>AP installation>choose your AP > provisioning > set a static IP + other needed settings and Walla.

Traffic_Bandwith_Aruba_Networks.jpg

Hope i understodo u right.

have a lovley night.

me

• 6.  RE: AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

• 7.  RE: AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

Posted Jun 14, 2013 09:52 AM

Ok, I got the VLAN set up, and the AP-93 is dishing out DHCP addresses and public DNS addresses. It's visible and I can connect to it. However, it cannot reach out to the internet :(

• 8.  RE: AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

Posted Jun 14, 2013 09:53 AM

I can ping local network resources (will set up firewall rules to block this later), can not ping outside of local network. IT seems to not be reaching out past the controller to the router.

• 9.  RE: AP-93: How to set up DHCP on access point for guest clients.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 05:20 PM
    Make sure IP dhcp service is enabled