Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

Posted Jan 31, 2013 09:53 PM

I am trying to setup an AP-93H with split tunnel on the ports so that the traffic is not tunneling back to the controller, and just going from the controller locally.

I followed a guide I received from TAC, and when the user connects, they are put in the NAT vlan with the correct role, however they never get the captive portal to login.  I have entered the IP address of the wireless controller and even that will not show a login page, I just get a timeout.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

• 2.  RE: AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 10:32 PM

Are you doing split tunnel captive portal?  Can you at least ping the controller's ip address?

• 3.  RE: AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

Posted Feb 01, 2013 07:58 AM

Yes, I can do DNS lookups and ping but it will not display the portal.

• 4.  RE: AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2013 08:01 AM
    Is the captive portal interface on the controller the same as the controller's management interface, or do you have a separate vlan for captive portal?

• 5.  RE: AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

Posted Feb 01, 2013 08:21 AM

I have a vlan setup on the controller (21) that is setup as a source NAT.  There is an ip on the controller for that vlan as well.

• 6.  RE: AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2013 08:25 AM

Does the user get into a role with the Captive Portal ACL?

• 7.  RE: AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

Posted Feb 01, 2013 08:57 AM

Yes, they are put into the correct login role with the acls applied for redirection.

• 8.  RE: AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2013 08:58 AM

You should then type "show datapath session table <ip address of client>" on the commandline of the controller to see what traffic is being passed during the redirect, or if traffic is being denied.