Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-93H wired pass through

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-93H wired pass through

Posted Feb 09, 2012 02:49 PM

There were some questions about how the pass through works on the 93H. This port is simply wired ports with a cable between. You can think of this the way you would a patch pannel. If you have a wired port providing PoE for a phone for instance, you can plug it into this port and the phone into the pass through jack on the front. This keeps your wired port available as it is today when the AP is in the wall box. 

-awl

AP-93H_Transparent.pngAP-93H_F.png

• 2.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

MVP
    Posted Apr 04, 2012 03:28 PM

Hi,

We're thinking about using these in our dorms. Each dorm room has two students, and two ethernet data ports, each on opposite sides of the room.

Does the AP-93h need more than one ethernet cable for the wired ports on the bottom to work?

• 3.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2012 03:49 PM

No, the AP-93H needs just one uplink connection.

• 4.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

MVP
    Posted Apr 09, 2012 10:20 AM

That's good news. I'm also assuming that each port on the bottom has access to the roles on the controller as well? Meaning that whether I connect wired or wirelessly, I'm getting the same experience?

• 5.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

Posted Apr 09, 2012 11:56 AM

Yes, the four switched ports are just like any other port on the controller or other APs, you can choose authenticaiton and assign roles and policies. The pass through itself does not work in this way, but that's only one of the ports.

-awl

• 6.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

MVP
    Posted Apr 09, 2012 02:31 PM

Great. These units are going to work so well in our school's dorms. Thanks again.

• 7.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

Posted Apr 12, 2012 03:18 PM

A great piece of device. Only pity that its ports are just fast ethernet not gigabit, what i am really surprised of, because almost all aruba devices use the latest technology. What is not allways seen by the competition like (fortis, juniper, avaya etc.). That is why i have chosen aruba. My scenario for 93H is the office AP with wired port for few wired devices. I wanted to use the 651 in the office but the active cooling was disturbing me.

• 8.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

Posted Apr 12, 2012 03:48 PM

If you really need gig ports I would recommend going with one of our wired switches to the desktop. This AP is serving both wired and wireless clients with a 1 gig uplink, so putting 4 gig ports would have been a pretty massive oversubscription. You didn't mention what your devices were, but if you're plugging in things like printers you might ask if you really need 1 gig to the desktop.

-awl

• 9.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

MVP
    Posted Sep 19, 2012 09:33 AM

Can the pass-through port handle a RJ-11 phone cable?

• 10.  RE: AP-93H wired pass through

Posted Sep 19, 2012 01:10 PM

Yes, that should work fine.