Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

Posted Dec 16, 2013 11:08 AM

I will be deploying next week for a wireless install and I need some help with installing an AP ANT 17 outside the building.

I am planning to mount the AP 224 inside the building and mount the ANT 17 outside the building but I think the cable antennas will be too short.

Do you carry antenna extenders? Do you have any suggestions? I really don't want to mount the AP outside and deal with ligthning arrestors, grounding, and weatherproof box.

I can see the Antennas but I don't see any APs in the picture. How did they run the cables to the APs and are the APs mounted on top of the roof?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2013 11:14 AM
    If your antennas are mounted outside, you should really have the lightening arrestors. You should consider something like the AP-ANT-92 which has N type connectors. You can then get pigtail cables of various lengths to go from the lightening arrestor to the AP.

• 3.  RE: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

Posted Dec 16, 2013 11:31 AM

do you have the model numbers and part numbers for arrestors and pigtail cables?

• 4.  RE: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

Posted Jul 31, 2017 02:38 PM

Anyone know the part number for those antenna mounts? They look like some kind of swivel.

• 5.  RE: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2017 03:15 AM

The mount kit for AP-ANT-17 is AP-ANT-MNT-1.

Note that both the antenna and the mount are end-of-sale for some time (2015).

The replacement antenna is AP-ANT-25A (2x2), AP-ANT-35A (3x3) or AP-ANT-45 (4x4). The equivalent mounts are AP-ANT-MNT-3 for the first two antennas and AP-ANT-MNT-5 for the 4x4 one.

• 6.  RE: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

Posted Aug 07, 2017 01:30 PM
    will the new mounts work with the 17? or are the holes different?

--
    Network Support Assistant
    California State University, Monterey Bay

• 7.  RE: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2017 02:00 PM

The mounts for the new antennas are not compatible with the old antennas. 

• 8.  RE: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

Posted Aug 07, 2017 02:02 PM
    thanks!

--
    Network Support Assistant
    California State University, Monterey Bay