Wireless Access

Highlighted
Aruba

Re: AP-ANT-38: Cross or Co Polarization & Gain

Co-polarization would require all antennas to have the same orientation.

/Onno
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry, In your early post, you said "All Aruba panel antennas are cross-polarized. All others are co."

But same orientation type is panel anteena, maybe I am wrong?

Highlighted
New Contributor

What I think he meant is the panel antenna is built of three different antenna elements with different polarization.This is why Aruba refer to them as cross polarized instead of if you use three identical dipole antennas, which they refer to as co-polarized.

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Good thread. For clarification, with respect to selecting appropriate "External Antenna Polarization" parameter for each frequency, if the antenna used is from Aruba we should select "1-Cross-Polarized"? (pic attached)

Running AOS 6.5.x now, recently upgraded from AOS 6.4.x. In 6.4 there there was no such parameter. The default appears to be "0-CO-Polarized".

We have thousands of AP-324s deployed. Most use the 1W antennas. believe the antenna orientation is 45 degrees away from the AP.

Polarization.png

Highlighted
Aruba

ANT-1W (direct mount omni dipoles) should be oriented vertically and all parallel, to provide matching coverage patterns.

/Onno
Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Yes understood! We're aware of that and are working to hopefully correct it. I'm more interested in knowing the correct setting of "External Antenna Polarization".

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, 

Same question with ant-16, what we should use :  cross or co-polarization in GUI ? 

Highlighted
Aruba

Multiple parallel oriented ANT-1W antennas are co-polarized.

Same is true for the elements in ANT-16.

/Onno
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: