10-11-2012 06:14 AM
I shall very thankful if anyone guide me about AP boot process when it is installed as Campus AP. I would be great if any diagram is available for the same.
As per my understanding when AP boots
- It send DHCP request for IP Address
- DHCP provides any IP address to the AP
- When AP gets IP address it searches the IP address of controller via DHCP, DNS or ADP
- When AP found the IP address of controller, (In tunnel mode) It create GRE Tunnel with controller,
- After establishing tunnel, the AP downloads the configuration from contoller,
- Once AP get the configuration, it start broad casting SSID.
- When Client Tries to connect WLAN, It send request to AP,
- AP fwd the request of client to controller via established tunnel,
- in case of external DHCP server, The controller send client's DHCP request to the external DHCP server
- DHCP server offers IP Address for the client.
- The controller fwd the same IP address to AP for the client via tunnel
- The AP offered that IP address to the client
and client start working.
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-11-2012 09:07 PM