AP-CBL-SER serial console pinout (AP103 and many others)
07-14-2017 08:06 AM
Maybe it will make a few life easier. I have seen some confusing posts on this subject.
This is a correct pinout of AP-CBL-SER serial console cable for IAP-103 and many more APs. Instead of buying ridiculously expensive Aruba cable, do it your self.
All you need is:
- TTL (pins) to RS232 (DB9f) adapter (approx. 1 EUR), keep in mind that adapter should work with 3.3-5v voltage range, not more! I used Arduino platform adapter to DB9 female.
- 4 wire cable (even 3 should work, without VCC).
See attached picture.
Re: AP-CBL-SER serial console pinout (AP103 and many others)
01-30-2020 09:46 AM - edited 01-30-2020 10:00 AM
FYI: Newer APs, like 203R, are using Micro-USB for the TTL-Serial connector.
The right Aruba-Cable is JY728A - AP-CBL-SERU.
It's an active cable, which has an integrated USB to Serial/TTL-3.3 Volt converter. (not comparable with RS232 Serial).
Pinout of the TTL-Port of AP is:
- PIN 1 (USB Vcc, red) --> Do not connect (USB converter get's powered by USB of PC)
- PIN 2 (USB Data-, White) --> TTL Receive (Cross to TX)
- PIN 3 (USB Data+, Gren) --> TTL Send (Cross to RX)
- PIN 4 (USB ID) --> Do not connect
- PIN 5 (USB GND, Black) --> Connect to GND
Refer USB Pinout: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hardware#Pinouts
I'm using this Module https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32893637666.html
Connect with 9600baud, 8N1