Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Configuration Profiles versus AP Provisioning Profile

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP Configuration Profiles versus AP Provisioning Profile

Posted Dec 27, 2011 06:15 PM

Referring to the Aruba 6.1 User Guide:

Can I create multiple "AP Configuration Profiles" (page 114) and give them different names?

How can I assign the different "AP Configuration Profiles" to different "AP Groups"?  Where is this explained in the User Guide?

I noticed that I can assign a "Provisioning Profile" to an AP Group (page 129). Is the Provisioning Profile the same as the Configuration Profile?  I don't think so.

I would appreciate someone's help on the above.

• 2.  RE: AP Configuration Profiles versus AP Provisioning Profile
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 27, 2011 06:20 PM

An AP configuration profile in the manual just describes ANY of a number of profiles that can be used to configure an AP.  A provisioning profile is something that is used to add additional provisioning information, like for a USB modem, turn it into a RAP, or point it to a different master controller.  This information is normally written into the flash of an AP and survives a reboot, as opposed to other parameters that are received when an AP is connected to a controller.

• 3.  RE: AP Configuration Profiles versus AP Provisioning Profile

Posted Mar 01, 2012 01:25 PM

You're right, the documentation wasn't very clear. I've added some improvments that will appear in the ArubaOS 6.2 User Guide.  Thanks for pointing this out!

Laura Rosenquist

Staff Technical Writer

Aruba Networks