Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Doesn't show up to be added to Visual RF

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  AP Doesn't show up to be added to Visual RF

Posted Nov 14, 2012 09:29 AM

Adding som 40 AP105s  to a floor plan and all but one of them shows up in the list of APs to choose from.

I have not added this AP to any other floor plan, it is provisioned the same as all the others both on the controller and in AirWave.

I have tried both matching the planned AP a managed AP and adding a deployed device. The AP doesnt show up in the list using either method.

suggestions?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: AP Doesn't show up to be added to Visual RF
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 09:30 AM

How long ago did you add them to AirWave?   VisualRF is sometimes a bit behind in "seeing" them.   When I see this, I typically restart VisualRF.  This usually forces it to see newer APs.

• 3.  RE: AP Doesn't show up to be added to Visual RF
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 10:16 AM

@clembo wrote:

How long ago did you add them to AirWave?   VisualRF is sometimes a bit behind in "seeing" them.   When I see this, I typically restart VisualRF.  This usually forces it to see newer APs.

Added them about 48hrs ago now so they should have been detected.  All but the one have. 

Will try restarting visual RF and see what happens.

• 4.  RE: AP Doesn't show up to be added to Visual RF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2012 12:46 PM

Another thing to try is to check the /var/log/visualrf/visualrf.log to make sure there's no crashes.  This is the main log for VisualRF activity.