Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Instant 225- not showing Provisioning SSID? (2 units)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP Instant 225- not showing Provisioning SSID? (2 units)

Posted Feb 27, 2014 10:59 AM

New to the Aruba instant APs, and I did search the forums without hitting on the answer. I have two new APIN0225s- with AC power adapter. When I plug in, by the Quick Start, shouldn't I see the "instant" provisioning SSID? (I do not, for either). Is there another controllerless way to bring these up? Waiting for response on my cloud eval request, but the Instant APs can run completely stand-alone, yes?

I'm in on the console, but not wanting to create more problems.

Thanks-

Lee

#AP225

• 2.  RE: AP Instant 225- not showing Provisioning SSID? (2 units)

Posted Feb 27, 2014 11:32 AM

Are these getting an IP address ?

• 3.  RE: AP Instant 225- not showing Provisioning SSID? (2 units)

Posted Feb 27, 2014 11:37 AM

according to console, yes. 

18:64:72:c5:3e:38# sh ip interface
    Interface IP Address / IP Netmask Admin Protocol
    br0 192.168.1.114 / 255.255.255.0 up up

-Lee

• 4.  RE: AP Instant 225- not showing Provisioning SSID? (2 units)

Posted Feb 27, 2014 11:45 AM

Yes, the IAP can run as standalones and you should see the instant SSID. If you do not see it can you try to reset it, it should have a reset button, else you can try going into the AP via the IP address you had gotten. Try 1 AP at a time.

• 5.  RE: AP Instant 225- not showing Provisioning SSID? (2 units)
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2014 11:50 AM

OK- SSID showed up, after about 45 minutes. Sorta odd- monitoring with multiple devices for sanity. I'm rocking and rolling- thanks very much for the responses.

-Lee

• 6.  RE: AP Instant 225- not showing Provisioning SSID? (2 units)

Posted Oct 05, 2014 03:37 PM

Having a similar issue with my 225. I'm powering it via POE+, power light is blinking green which means "powering up", enet0 is rapid blinking as it is having activity, but the rest of the lights (namely 5ghz and 2.4ghz) are off. I remember reading here that it took him 45 minutes before it came up, I think I've had it for well over that.  Instant SSID is still not showing up.  Aside from a hardware fault, anything else I can look at?