Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

AP Load Balancing _ mm 2/md 8.2.11

Cluster appears good, vrrp is good, all things seem normal.  Can't get ap's to balance.  Vlan-probe good.     

Simple config, how can i force the ap's to balance.  2 7220s 450ish TOTAL ap's.

I'm missing something.

Regular Contributor I

Re: AP Load Balancing _ mm 2/md 8.2.11

Hi

By default AP LB is not enabled on the cluster. You can enable it under system-profiles-classic cluster.

With two MC’s all AP’s will have an tunnel to both MC’s anyway so AP LB should not make a big difference. Client traffic is load balanced, that’s the most important.

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Occasional Contributor II

AP LB is enabled, sorry i should have clarified that.   I would have expected that I would see half of my aps on the active, and half on the standby.   Otherwise why call it Load Balancing?

Guru Elite

The cluster manager balances the load periodically when the total load exceeds the minimum load threshold and the difference between the max and min loaded controller is more than the unbalance threshold.

Even with AP load balancing enabled, it can take quite awhile to load balance access points.  It is meant to be gradual to avoid mass disruption.  Since clients might not even be on the controllers that the access points are on, it might have less of an effect than it seems.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: